I couldn't believe it when I finally caught myself saying this. I had managed to make it to 16 1/2months without feeling the necessity of uttering these words. All I can say is OH NO I have said it once which means I have opened the flood gates to say it many more times.
Let me first take you to what drove me to it.
Brad, Skye and I were having dinner on Friday night. Brad and I were happy it was the weekend and we think ;) Skye was happy that she didn't have to go to the day home the next day. Brad decided to BBQ some ribs and I was making some tater tots ( yes we still eat these and love them). I had put some food on Skye's highchair tray to occupy her until it was time for the main course. I had only turned my back for a second when I heard an object hit the floor. I turned around to see Skye's bowl on the ground and raspberries being flung one by one into the living room. I quickly put a stop to the antics and gave her a banana. Again next thing I knew banana was being thrown across the kitchen. I can feel my blood starting to boil a little bit but thought no calm down all will be fine. I decided to give her one last chance with some tuna/mayo mix that was left over from making Brads sandwiches for work. This time I decided I better supervise. Skye was very well behaved and after her first 3 bites I decided I had finally found what she wanted and could get back to dinner preparations. No word of a lie as soon as my back was turned I heard a thud. Skye had thrown the whole bowl onto the couch. Tuna was everywhere. I couldn't help myself before I knew it I had said...........
SKYE VIKTORIA STEVENSON
I had used the dreaded middle and last name at the end of her first. Brad had been outside the sliding door attending to the BBQ and when he came it he didn't look at me he just looked at Skye and say " Uh Oh mommy used your middle and last name you must really be in trouble"
That of course made me laugh but now I know I am capable of the first, middle and last name reprimand. Oh dear I really am a parent aren't I!
3 comments:
Haha - that is hilarious. I, too, am guilty of using the "full name chastisement" and it's not something I'm proud of. But sometimes...seriously! Kids these days! Haha
Oh, that is the best! Thankfully my biggest offender has a nice long name so by the time I've rattled it off a couple of seconds have gone by and I'm a bit calmer and more rational. Then we can deal with whatever horrible mess they are into and move on. I'm proud of you for holding out for so long, you are a patient Mama! Welcome to the club (make sure you give this new one at least 8 syllables - you'll both need it).
Ha. I was waiting for the curse word you dropped. Just the 3 name reprimand, eh? If mine really get my goat I can't even get the middle name right but they know they're in trouble cause I'm using lots of names:)
Post a Comment