Monday, November 3, 2008

Boo!

Witch by Day, Elephant by Night


I can't even explain how fun Halloween was this year. It was so fun that we had to have 2 outfits for Skye

This was Skye's daytime outfit - a wee scary witch. Skye was at her dayhome during the day and I was so surprised to find she stayed in the outfit the whole day. Well almost the whole outfit she did spend the day pulling the hat off her head every time someone put it on.

Our cute little Elephant


Since of course you need to be prepared for a cold night of trick or treating this outfit was perfect. Our neighbours lent it to us as their son Dylan wore it last year - Yay for generous neighbours.

Daddy and Skye getting ready to fill the pumpkin bag full of candy


Daddy, Skye, Dylan and Mike

How cute are those two ( I mean Skye and Dylan ;) )


Skye was shy at first going to the doors but once she realized that people put candy in her pumpkin she was all over it. Brad said she insisted on carrying her pumpkin and refused any offers of help from him to carry it.


Skye sitting with her stash. Let me tell you it was hard to get her to part with the candy and go to bed


On a cute side note the day after Halloween Brad asked Skye if she wanted to go for a walk. Of course she said yes and proceeded to grab her shoes, coat and pumpkin bag :) Try explaining to an 18 month old that people won't give her candy on Nov 1st.

7 comments:

tessa said...

So funny. I'll bet she keeps a hold of that pumpkin bag for awhile hoping another trick or treat evening pops up soon. You just want to squish that sweet little elephant body with a big hug. Where are you though? I want to see Kirsit's cute pregnant self.

Anonymous said...

I want to see that cute pregnant Kirsti too! I sure wish I could hug my little elephant. Who ate more candy Skye or dad?
Love, Omi and Popsi
PS Skye your little elephant picture is already on the fridge and on Friday I am bringing a copy to work to put on the bulletin board...how's that for bragging rights!!!

rumplejane said...

That is so great ... That will be Skyler next year!! I can't wait :) She is just adorable in both of her costumes. Miss you guys ... Give that elephant a hug from us!!

Alli said...

I will give Skye candy on Nov 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. . . (anything to get rid of it) Plus she's adorable :) I love the pictures, she is a darling elephant and a lovely witch. We sure miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

She is darling whether dressed as a witch or an elephant! It is fun to see the reluctance turn to delight when they realize candy is waiting behind every door!! If you come for another visit you can be sure Uncle Terry will give her candy on demand!

Terri said...

Hadn't been on your blog for awhile and ENJOYED all the entries! Laughed at "SKYE VIKTORIA STEVENSON" - yep, you can call yourself an official parent! Is due date the end of January?

Kent Kate & Afton said...

sweet little girl! I have to say I want to see your baby belly too! Not too much longer!