Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Update on Sad day for Mommy, Daddy and Skye

I have been trying to think of a good way to explain how today felt and this is what I came up with
Remember a time when you broke up with your boyfriend or girlfriend and it wasn't what you wanted - remember how you can physically feel the pain right in your chest.
Magnify that 10x and that is how I felt when I dropped Skye off at her dayhome. It didn't really help that I could hear her screaming when I closed the door behind me.

I don't think I have ever driven so fast to get somewhere once my work day was over.

Brad thinks it's funny because when I got home with Skye I told him I was keeping her up till midnight. Brad says "you worked for a year to get her to sleep and you go back to work for one day and you want her to stay awake "
What can I say I need my Skye time and 2 1/2 hours after work just doesn't cut it

(Sniff Sniff Sniff)

4 comments:

Kent and Kate said...

I know what you mean about driving fast to get back to your baby. Every time Kent and I are coming back from a date. He has to stop me from calling the babysitters and I keep telling him to hurry when he is driving.

tessa said...

No fun! It does get easier though. I worked a day a week after Brighton and the screaming when I would leave was terrible. My mom assured me though as soon as I was out of earshot Brighton settled in about her business of destroying the house and unpacking all the cupboards as if nothing was wrong. (I still raced back too:)

rumplejane said...

I can relate ... I start back at work on Tuesday, right after the blessing :( I will have Brendan home for some of the day, but I can't imagine having to cut 50-60 hours out of my week in which I used to spend with Skyler! Let me know if it gets any better ...

Alli said...

So how did Skye do? Did the sitter say she was sad the whole time?