Monday, April 20, 2009

The Party

Happy 2nd Birthday Skye

We decided to have a wee small party of 25 people for Skye's Birthday. I am happy to say it went off without a hitch. The weather was beautiful, the company fantastic and the Birthday Girl Perfect.

To put it mildly Skye is in love with Elmo. Therefore I felt it necessary to make a cake of him. I must admit I was very nervous when I decided to undertake this project but with the help of my neighbour ( who is a fantastic baker) I made one.

I was relieved and very pleased with the outcome


Daddy and Skye helping me get ready for the festivities.

Brad doing a fantastic job of BBQing.
Brad kept saying he didn't know how to do mass production of burgers and hot dogs but by all the positive comments from everyone he did a great job.

Ta-Da
We have just entered the stage of dress up so this princess dress was a perfect gift.

The Birthday Girl

Brad and I couldn't resist getting in a cuddle with the very busy Birthday Girl. Every time Brad or I tried to sit beside her she would get up and move and join some of her friends. Brad figures she is already embarrassed of her parents.

The Party

Skye loved her Elmo cake much to my relief. She kept saying "Malmo Malmo"
Tara said they just had to buy this book for us. I don't think you could mistake Jasper for a cat :)

The very tired Birthday Girl

River was great the whole party and also crashed when everyone left. He slept solid for 4 hours.

This was Skye's special gift from River, Daddy and me. Skye loves it and has already played with it for many hours.
Happy Birthday Skye. I can't believe you are 2
We love you more and more everyday

5 comments:

Kent Kate & Afton said...

What a fun party! That is an awesome cake. That must have taken some serious time. Happy birthday sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mom for a beautiful cake. The birthday girl sure looked like she was having a good time...actually so did Brad!. Miss you all...Omi and Popsi

Alli said...

Oh Kirsti and Brad - You guys rock! That party looks fantastic, the cake, the food, the weather, the friends, the 2 year old girl, WOW! I wish we could have gone. . .

tessa said...

Officially, the best Malmo cake I have ever seen!

Terri said...

I thought the Elmo cake was incredible - can hardly believe it was your first - you could go into business! So glad that you preserved it in pictures! I would not have wanted anybody to cut into it! Happpy Birthday Skye!