Skye and I continued on our journey from Arizona to Santa Cruz to visit with my brothers family (Taylor, Kate, Geza and Eamonn). I must admit it took my by surprise when they had the biggest wind storm they had had in 10 years. You will see some pictures of broken trees that we saw after the storm was finished. When we were in my brothers house and it was raining I kept saying to him " I don't know why they would call this a storm it just seems like it is raining hard" then he took me for a drive and I realized what they were talking about. The power even went out in the whole town. It was crazy.
Despite the rain we still had a wonderful time visiting with everyone
The first day we were there it wasn't raining so we went for a walk
Skye had such fun with Geza and Eamonn. She really does love being around the boys. They were both so good to her and made sure she had toys and gave her many hugs and kisses.
copy.JPG)
copy.JPG)
Here are the storm pictures. Poor trees
copy.JPG)
You can't really see in the picture but the waves were really big
copy.JPG)
copy.JPG)
copy.JPG)
This is Skye and I standing by a banana tree. It brought back many memories of me working in the banana factory in Australia in 1995. It is so hard to believe it was that many years ago that I was there.
Skye loved watching the waves and watching Geza and Eamonn running around.
Note surfer behind us. This is pre - storm waves. Believe it or not there were people who went out surfing post storm. For those of you that have seen Point Break it reminded me of the last scene where Patrick Swayze runs out into the water and catches one last wave and is never seen again.
copy.JPG)
copy.JPG)
No comments:
Post a Comment