Thursday, February 7, 2008

Christmas 2007

So I must admit I am quite sad to say that I have no picture of Skye opening a single Christmas present or in front of a decorated Christmas Tree. The pictures that I had taken of her ended up getting erased from my camera so I have none. Needless to say I feel like a rotten mother. However, I do have other pictures of Skye's first Christmas which we spent in Glendale, AZ with Arnon and Terry ( my sister and her husband) and their very large family, my neice Tessa and her husband Steve and their 3 kids, my Aunty Linda and Uncle Clark and my Mom and Dad.

We had such a good time with everyone and Brad has decided that he wants to move their so we can have the heat and be close to all the hussle and bustle of the Arizona family. :) The only thing that we would liked to have skipped out on would have been the flu that hit almost all of us as well as a nasty cold. Howeve I guess when you have over 30 people in the same place - well you can imagine what can happen.

Brad, Skye and Amanda and I went for a hike to a place called Sqwa Peak (I need to check the spelling). It was a very steep climb but had such wonderful views. Skye and I didn't make it to the top as Skye decided she had enough of the backpack but Amanda and Brad continued on. It was funny when Amanda and Brad returned after hiking the last little bit to the top ( well what she considered the top) Amanda told me that when they were up there Brad looked and decided that the real top was just a wee bit further up a rock slide area. So of course Brad dragged Amanda up to the top of it.









Funny story - Brad came into my sisters kitchen one day and said that he wanted to see the desert so a smart aleck like I am I said well where do you think we are? and he promptly responded that he wanted to see the desert where there were lots of cactus's and no houses around. So lucky for Brad my brother and his family (Taylor, Kate, Geza and Eamonn) were able to make a day adventure to find just that. Skye and I were not able to go as Skye was sick with an earache and the flu.


Guitar Hero anyone????? So this has got to be about the most addictive game there is. My sister and brother in law got it for Christmas and just about every adult in the house was completely addicted to it. There were challenges being thrown out everywhere. Brad decided very early on that he did not like the game. I am sure it was because I beat him everytime we played.


3 comments:

The Whiddens said...

Yay! You updated the blog!
I love the picture of Skye laying next to the guitar heroes. So cute!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Oh My! I look like quite the babe in that picture when you creamed me in gutair hero!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

ps. it is weird to hear my dad refered to as your brother-in-law. With all of their grandchildren he is dad or grandpa to me.